What is the Multiverse Expo?
Calling all Jedi, Trekkies, Whovians, Potterheads, Batmaniacs, and RPGamers - unite for the Multiverse Expo! This family friendly, super creative, comic-con type event is returning to Bethel on September 18, 2022 for an afternoon of interactive multiverse fun!
Join us for hands-on workshops, costume contest, game demos, great vendors, book signings, and a variety of entertainment. Best yet - watch the Norwalk Gamers Orchestra close out the event with their concert at 4pm!
Meet and mingle with other multiverse fans, learn some new skills, and plan for a great time! Visit and like our Facebook page @MultiverseExpo for the most up to date information.
This year we have restructured the event and it will be held outdoors on Greenwood Avenue and admission will be free. Early/VIP access registration is now open, click here for additional details!
Note: Costumes are enthusiastically encouraged but coming as a muggle is okay too!
The Multiverse Expo Explained in Plain English:
Fandom: the fans of a particular person, team, fictional series, etc. regarded collectively as a community or subculture.
DC & Marvel: the two largest comic book franchises which include Batman, Superman, etc.
Muggle: is a person who lacks any sort of magical ability and was not born into a magical family.
Multiverse: a multiverse is a self-contained group or larger bubble filled with a finite or infinite number of universes. In this case, we are including fictional universes from pop-culture.
Steampunk/Solarpunk: a genre of science fiction that has a historical setting and typically features steam-powered machinery rather than advanced technology. Solarpunk is a Steampunk spin-off that embraces green energy concepts.
RPG: role playing games such as Dungeon and Dragons, Pathfinder, and Edge of the Empire.
Enter your text here...
How long is the event?
- The actual event is 1p-4p but the orchestra plays from 4p-5p.
- All workshops and other entertainment ends at 4p.
- Participants do not have to dress up but most people choose to.
- The entire event is held outdoors along Greenwood Avenue and surrounding areas.
- This event is for the entire family and children of all ages.
- Please keep that in mind if you choose to dress-up in character, young children will be present. Children must have an adult onsite at all times.
- There is ample free parking for this event on the street and in the surrounding parking lots. The nearest train station is located in the town of Bethel, approximately .25 miles away.
- No functional weapons are allowed at this event.
- All costume weapons may be inspected by a staff member at any time.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can't be drawn.
- If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons to the Expo.
- To gain early/VIP admission, you must present your printed ticket at each participating business.
- Yes, as tickets are transferable.
- Workshops are first come, first served and may have a cap on the number of attendees.
- Activities, workshops, entertainment, and vendors are subject to change at any time.